Saturday, May 17, 2008

And another thing...

In case you didn't know, ADOPTIONS ARE CRAZY EXPENSIVE!!! Now that isn't a complaint, just a fact. People had told me before that adoptions were expensive, you have no idea until it stares you in the face. God chose us to do this and we are willing, and He is willing to provide according to His riches. Oh and by the way, my Father owns the cattle on 1000 hills.
So we needed to send some paperwork in and needed about $100.00 and what do you know, the Lord laid it on someone's heart to give us $100.00 through our Paypal. And another thing, we have been saving to send out our dossier, and with our tax stimulus check (Thanks, George), we were exactly $1000.00 away from having the amount we need. A family we know told us they were not called to adopt (NOT AT THIS TIME GUYS tee hee) but they were called to support us and they donated, you guessed it, $1000.00.
Now, please know, I share this in all humility!!!!! Not to boast or seem prideful, but just to share what God is doing. When He calls us to do something, He equips us! There is no way on earth, Nathan and I could afford to adopt, without His resources, His economy. Your calling may not be to adopt, or even to support someone who is. But you do have a calling! Just remember, when He calls you, He gives you exactly what you need, when you need it, not sooner, not later, you just have to have faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trish...
I think you are a great blogger by the way...
I am praying for you guys... I want to support your family in any way I can. Never be afraid to ask for help... I know we will be able to financially donate soon. My heart is with you guys through this adoption!

Love you all!
Anna Martin