Friday, February 1, 2008

Elighten Me...Oh Gidget the Wise One...


If you have never met my friend Gidget, or Gidgie as we lovingly call her, I just tell people..."Picture in your head what a "Gidget" might look like and you probably have it!"

Gidgie is a laid back, funny, style all her own, determined, silly, beach bum kind of girl, not to mention a culinary wizard. Despite a challenging childhood; she has beat all the odds and become a beautiful wife, mother of 2 boys, amazing leader and friend. She'll tell you she is shy but she will step out to help anyone. She would not think that she is "wise" but she always speaks from a gentle and quiet spirit who has obviously been seeking the Lord's face and His Word to order her daily steps. The Lord has blessed her with discernment and incredible insight. I have sought the wisdom and advice from my good friend Gidgie many, many times over the years.

When I told her about our adoption plans, she didn't ask me if I was crazy like some others have. She had the best answer yet! (Paraphrase) "You know, Trish, more of us just need to step out in faith and live out on the edge. I think so many of us just stay in our comfort zone instead of stepping out into the plan that God has for us, because it could be potentially life altering. And we miss it! We go through life just missing out on something great." Gidget should know! She just left everything she has known for 15 years and packed up and moved to St John, Virgin Islands. Talk about stepping out in faith.

Thanks for the insight Gidgie, you have given me something to ponder on this journey....of life!
Miss you Gidg, and all of our Maritime Memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!! John too!! The whole thing is so exciting and I'm glad your journaling the journey and sharing it! This blog thing is really great! As I was reading though your entries I was reminded of a song from Steven Curtis Chapman called What Now, it is on his All Things New cd, I think your right the answer looks different for us all . The important thing is that we are paying attention when He asks. "What Now?" God asks the La Grange family and He is pleased to watch their response.Truly absorbed in HIM!!!!!The only way to be! Luv ya G

Monica said...

Trish, I had no idea that you had entered the land of blogging or that you were starting an adoption!! This is great!! It is clear that God is doing great things as you have followed Him. I look forward to hearing/reading more about it.

One of my dearest friends moved to St. Thomas 8 years ago. She is my wise one. I've always wanted to go and visit her there. I'm so glad that you got to go and see Gidget.